Dwelling Fire Insurance
Through our Dwelling Fire policy, Capitol Preferred provides property owners and landlords the tools they need to protect
their investment and source of income.
Our typical Dwelling Fire policy (DP-3) provides coverage for the property, personal possessions, liability, and displaced income of a risk that is either a rental or non-owner occupied. Dwelling Fire policies can also be used for owner - occupied homes, but this is not advised as it typically does not provide as much coverage as a Homeowners policy.
Depending on the form chosen, typical coverages on a DP policy include:
- Coverage A – Dwelling: provides coverage for the physical loss of or damage to the main dwelling
- Coverage B – Other Structures: provides coverage for the physical loss of or damage to other structures located on the premises, such as a detached garage or shed
- Coverage C – Personal Property: provides coverage for the physical loss of or damage to the personal property located within the structure
- Coverage D – Fair Rental Value: covers the loss of the fair rental value of the property that is eligible for insurance while the property is unable to be inhabited
- Coverage E – Additional Living Expense: reimburses the insured for the cost of maintaining a comparable standard of living following a covered loss that exceeds the insured’s normal living expenses prior to loss
- Coverage L – Personal Liability: provides protection for the homeowner and other insured persons against claims made by others for bodily injury or property damage resulting from the insured’s use of the residence premises or the insured’s non-business activities
- Coverage M – Medical Payments to Others: provides medical payments to persons other than the insured or residents of the insured’s household who are injured on the insured’s premises